NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

september's poems, part two.


9.4.2015

I can feel fall in
the air
the crisp
is on the way

it's slightly cooler
which helps
moments like this make
me the happiest

wind passes my skin
this feeling runs
though my bones
it's intense yet
oh so beautiful

smells from a distant
campfire is the
last reminder of
the warm summer
days and bright sun

rain falls as blue
sky appears from
the gray clouds

the earth is clean

the earth is dying

it's all beautiful
_______________


9.11.2015

out of control chaos
kid are screaming
yelling jumping running

I cannot hear
my own thoughts
all I can feel
is a headache
about to come on

ice cream will not
help these kids
I'm sure
all it will do
is add extra
energy to the
already too
high level
they already have

adults don't have this
energy anymore
our childhood
took all of it
_______________

9.13.2015

september sunday morning
I watch through
half a sleep eyes
my mind only comprehending
the little things
bells ringing
candles burning
roses in the front
next to a wooden cross

we're in God's presence
as one or many might say
there is a calm in
in the air
content flows through
the sanctuary

the pastor is talking
her voice is soothing
in her hands
a tiny ship

may we all try to
stay afloat
or in my case
awake
_______________

9.30.2015

suck the bones dry
of the beautiful lies
they hide behind
their hollow souls
are nothing more
than dust on a
dirt summer road
wind blows

↟↟↟

my favorite sweater
smells as though
it was left on
an airplane

reminds me of
traveling
new places
and back home

inhaling
I smile
wondering
how this
came to be


No comments:

Post a Comment