NYC

NYC

Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

November 25th.


a day of reflection

a day of wondering

a day of hope


reflecting on what happened
on the day I was supposed
to come into this world
twenty two years ago
happened three months
too soon

the only thing I developed
early in life
was breathing life
before I was fully developed

marching to the beat
of my own drum
on my own path
that's different
than most ever experience
walking slow in this
fast pace life
being fully supported
to go at my own speed


wondering what my life
would be like
if today was my birthday
would I have been
dealt similar cards
I've had in
 my deck since
day one

would my soul be
any different
if I had never
stuttered
a day in my life

would I still look
at life through the
same perspective
I do now if I didn't
overcome everything
I have in the past
twenty two years
would I have
still have found
my voice through
writing if I had
a normal voice


hoping I will never
dwell any of the
thoughts above
having hope in myself
for who I am now
not for who I could have been

dreaming of my future
learning to accept
the difficulties
I face
realizing they
are apart of the
beautiful woman
I am becoming

I will make something
of myself
promising to create
beauty in the world
for the people
who inspire me
to remember everything
and write it all down
some who have lost
their lives too soon


happy three month birthday

blowing out imaginary candles

thankful for every breath


11.25.2015

No comments:

Post a Comment