NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

september's poems, part three.

9.4.2015

kids saying words
they don't understand

without the knowledge
of meaning or definition

the powerful words
have little or no impact

someday they'll know
the meaning of words

and those words will
be spoken with hurt

not laughter
_______________

9.6.2015

cool crisp air
smells of pines
sounds of water
flowing down the
creek at rushed rates

red shoes
black sweater
tall friend
peaceful moments

exploring the world
around us
beauty of being
young
_______________


9.9.2015

pumpkin on my tongue
sun in my eyes
music in my ears

kids are screaming
behind me
all I can think is
how do they have
all of this
energy?

it's well beyond me
as I sit here
with my venti coffee
trying not to die
from the summer
heat in september
_______________

9.21.2015

what will become of now?

decisions we decide
form our paths

people we elect
drive our future

pollution we form
changes our environment

some think only in the moment

others focus on their future

a decade passes as
quick as
the seasons change

slowly and in
one blink

what will now be later?
_______________


9.28.2015

there's a crisp
in the afternoon breeze
gives me goosebumps
autumn in the air
orange leaves everywhere
blows my hair in
my face
while writing these
words
a magical feeling
makes me smile
joyful
capturing every
moment of the
best days
of every year
_______________


9.30.2015

I get lost
in a sea of
books

↟↟

thoughts that once
consumed my mind
are now not even
worth a dime

I look back and
wonder why
I gave too
much time
to thoughts
that were
not even
worth the crime

No comments:

Post a Comment