NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

september's poems, part one.


9.1.2015

the first of
september
beginning to the
end of summer

everything is 
still green 
with
summer heat
among us all

but at the end
of this month
a crisp will
have arrived as
well as the
start of autumn

the last day of
september
come soon
_______________

9.3.2015

Fall air has arrived
thanks to the evening rain

I sit in traffic
more backed up than normal
water can slow down cars
who knew?

Water droplets fall from
tree branches onto my car
reminding me why no one is moving

A thirty minute drive
now lasting more than
an hour

I sing badly along to
all the Lana Del Rey songs
I have

Perfect weather for
her music although
I constantly listen to her

Don't know what that
says about me

Another droplet hits
another song begins
still have yet to move

At least it feels like Fall
_______________

9.4.2015

the taste of 
pumpkin on
my tongue

it takes a
few sips for
my body to
remember
why I love
this drink
so much

friday morning
exhaustion is
all I feel
this latte does
not help it
only tastes good

black cat on the
wood floor looks
up at me

sometime cats truly
are the best company 

↟↟↟

autumn is gorgeous
but everything is dying

color leaves
brown tress

nature at it's finest
red orange yellow
_______________

9.11.2015

moments
change out lives
how we walk through life
security with others
today
fourteen years ago
the world we once knew
vanished in one
moment
lives were lost
family members didn't come home
trust was broken
today
we look back
at how our world changed
within a flashing
moment



No comments:

Post a Comment