NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

just kids


burning tears roll
down my pink cheeks
the world outside crying
it's own cold tears

I look out to a wet
yard and droplet
covered leaves

nothing could prepare
me for this
the feeling of being
moved to tears
no matter how many
times I read
this story of two
young artists
and their relationship
throughout their lives

the words are written
in a way that
affects me like
no other writer has
I feel as though
I'm along on
their journey

feeling their pain
crying their tears
loving their joy

their story inspires me
to write when I have nothing
to say or cannot comprehend
the fog that takes
over my mind

write every little thing
I think, feel, or see
to see parts of myself
in my words I have
not yet met

writing sloppy handwriting
that not even I
can fully understand

beautiful stories
move us in ways
we're never 
prepared for

but then there are
the stories that
stick with us
change the way we
move through life
challenge us to become
the people we were
meant to be
inspire us to never
stop doing what
we love most

as I write these words
the rain calms down
as the sky
begins to lighten
sun trying to
break through

I see a rainbow in
my mind as
memories flash
by my eyes
I smile for
the two kids
who inspire me
their story stays
with me on my walk
creating the artist 
I hope to become

blue star

10.22.2015

No comments:

Post a Comment