NYC

NYC

Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

thoughts of the past reflecting on the present wondering for the future.


lights shoot across
the night sky
dazzling eyes
reflecting the
burning glitter
through anticpating
souls

this year becomes
the past
stepping down to
the present
new year

saying goodbye
to what will
never be again
only to be remembered
by memories with
old photographs attached
taking us back to moments
we can feel
but will never
touched again

it's a bittersweet
moment as the
ball drops in
new york city
welcoming another
year to the
table of life

cheers are announced
kisses are shared
tears are shed

happiness runs through
my veins
an undeniable
smile I can't let go
of making my cheeks
swell with pure joy

my cat comes running
moving the pages of
my notebook
and playing with
the bookmarker
trying to get
my attention
leaving hair
on the pages
while clawing 
the rolling stone
magazine 
in front of me
bob dylan
plays in the
background
for the soundtrack
to remember this
tiny but precious
moment

we don't remember days
we remember moments

I capture many moments
through writing words
on pages that take me
back to the moments
when I read them again

as my cat sits
on the table
watching me
write these words
the times they are a-changin'
gives me hope and courage
for what's to come
in this new year

fireworks can be
heard from all around
to become louder
 in the upcoming hours

closing the book
of this year
with 365 pages
filled with stories
told differently by
every soul you meet

life is in constant motion
as the sunsets
as the moon rises
showing the universe with
too many questions

the years fly by
the older we become
it's a fact
no one can deny
it's a feeling
we cannot express
clearly through
common words

as the wind blows
as the stars glisten
as the ball drops
as the year turns


we begin once again

12.31.2015

No comments:

Post a Comment