NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

goodbye summer, hello fall.

"Be in love with your life. Every minute of it." -Jack Kerouac

This month has been a whirlwind to say the least. Now that I think about it, so has the summer. I have not posted anything on my blog for quite some time, but that certainly doesn't mean I haven't been writing. I needed time to explore the world and discover who I am as a young woman. 

Last month alone, I have gone on two vacations one week apart from each other, nannied for a wonderful family that I'm grateful have in my life, and binged watched my favorite TV obsession 'Masters of Sex' for the second time. Now that's summarizing this month into a quick sentence, but let me tell you that this month has gone by way too quickly.

The highlight of this month has definitely been my 21st birthday. I woke up at 5:25am to go sit on the dock by the lake for an hour to watch the sunrise. The people that know me know that every chance I get to sleep in, I will certainly take it. But I was staying at my Uncle's and Aunt's cabin in Maine and I wanted to do something special for my birthday because that's the biggest birthday I'll ever have. I started thinking about how I wanted to do something that I will always remember. Definitely worth going out there and watching the sunrise, a memory of my own and the perfect way to start off my 21st year.

I took so many pictures this month it's ridiculous, yes I am admitting that. I'm learning how to live in the moment but finding the inspiration and beauty of the world, trying to capture that beauty in a photo. 

As fall approaches, kids are going back to school and jobs are back in full swing, find the beauty in life. Autumn is my favorite season, the falling orange-red leaves always put a smile on my face. The falling leaves are dying but they're also so beautiful. Representing that things need to die to let the world grow again. Makes me feel as though there's more beauty to come when we depart from this life. 

As the summer ends, instead of dwelling on the season saying goodbye, be happy that fall is here. Crisp air, pumpkin spice lattes, and shorter days are coming. Change is good, it makes me appreciate the moment I'm in even more. 

Fall, I welcome you.

Kelly.

1 comment:

  1. You are wiser than 21 years of age , dear niece. Beautiful heartfelt writing and pictures. Very encouraging. Keep these coming! Awesome quotes too:)

    ReplyDelete