NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, August 8, 2016

West - East

Flowers reflected in the water at sunset 
Colors blending in the many ripples of the sea
Your eyes couldn't see the difference
For the red and blue blurred 
Beginning where the sunset disappeared into the endless water
Your beautiful blue eyes shed tears
Adding to the flowers and the ripples
For the beauty was perfect and reminded you of me


Flowers reflected in the water at daybreak

Coming up from the sea

While I drink my English tea

Red roses enhance the pink clouds of the summer morning

It's beautiful, reminded me of you


All the moments we once shared now live in the past
Knowing what we had would never last
It was perfect but perfect isn't real
And neither were me and you


It's been a while

Time has passed

I have moved forward

But the sunrise pink and yellow
Mixing with the roses in the water
Brought up thoughts of you that made me smile


You wanted what I could never give you
You saw a woman I never was
You've always been lost
You weren't able to find a piece of yourself in me




You helped me see what I could be

Helped me breathe I set you free

I found myself in the colors that begin the day

I think of you from far away



Written on 2.25.2016

No comments:

Post a Comment