NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

IV - II.XX.XVI

Ice is melting towards the east leaving a sliver in the west

Some seagulls float in the water, others stand on the ice

Reflecting the world above breaking like fragile glass

Wondering what it is they're standing on

It mirrors life back to what the soul sees

The ones floating look on

Enjoying what they're used to doing

Not risking standing on something foreign

Creatures of the sea lost on a lake

Nowhere near where they're supposed to be


I write what inspires me

I look at what's intriguing to my small brain

Reflecting on how I feel in art pieces

For they reflect my soul at a moment which will never occur twice

What inspires me drives me to create

To see the world in ways that were never possible

Until a single thought came in

And changed the color of my eyes

Allowing me to see in colors not yet discovered

For they are normally blinded by the sun

Or hidden in the darkness of the night


We cannot change once we're gone

Gone on the open road

Through the endless sky

Dazzled by the glittering universe above each star sparkling

Creating an illusion of peace which we all believe

The constant hurry of time

Time to get things done

Time to see the world

Time to stop being busy

Time to wonder why

Time to find time

We're always searching for what's not there

Hoping the clock will be ticking wherever we go

Hoping we'll be everything we want before we're gone

Gone on that open road

Through the clouds above


We're told to know who we are before we're born

It's not said but known amongst a society

That expects nothing less coming out of the womb of DNA

Telling us who we're supposed to be

Before nature destroys everything we'll never have

Leaving us scratching our bald heads

Wondering when did everything make sense

And will anything ever be calm

As we see in films on lost history

We'll never have a chance to find out

Who we're actually meant to be






No comments:

Post a Comment