NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

People Watching On A Quiet Friday Afternoon

I watch people's lives go by through windows
With no reflections of the inside to the outside
Leaving blank mysteries to those who pass by

Souls with names I will never know
But will remember through the words I write

The woman in front of me wears chic glasses over her brown eyes
A name is written on her cups of water and coffee that I'd probably mispronounce
Reading a novel checked out from the local public library
Brown hair highlighted slightly blonde drapes over her face
Glancing at her gold iPhone every now and then
Fashionable blue turtle neck under a motorcycle jacket
She stares off into the distance as though she's waiting
For someone to come or something to happen
Her book flipped down on the black table sitting
Next to a faux fire on a quiet Friday afternoon
Typing on her phone a smile appears on her lips coated in pink lip gloss
Maybe she's talking to someone she loves

Cars go by
Kids are now getting out of school
I must go..


1.15.2016

No comments:

Post a Comment