NYC

NYC

Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

october's poems, the older singles.

day six

stuck three years
back somewhere
in france
with a french name

I do not know who
I am or the person
sitting next to me

am I dreaming
or simply lost
in my own thoughts
_______________

day seven

my words are
not like many
never have been
nor will be
my mind begins
conversations
without realizing
I am not speaking
to anyone
so when I begin
to speak
the other person
gets confused
not understanding
what's coming out
of my mouth
as though I am
speaking french
not english
or sometimes my words
will get stuck
in my throat
leaving the listener
at a loss
or awkwardly waiting
as I struggle
to come up for air
_______________

day eight

loud beeping
repeats over and over
calling attention
to something
but leaves my
head hurting
the alarm sounds
as though it's from
one of those
future films
saying we're in
danger of dying
and need to stay
in our safe homes
but it's a hot
afternoon and
the alarm is
too loud
it's not the future
nor is there danger
yet the sound
keeps going
I stay calm
_______________

day ten

the thoughts that once
consumed her are now
clouds in the sky
wondering why her
young mind repeated
the same thing
day and night
not being able to
shake those feelings
away until one day
they disappeared
leaving her wondering
if it was all just
a bad dream
turning on piece
into many disjointed ones
she can't help but sigh
at how it was
actually nothing
but a bad piece
of work
a good distraction
for her own problems
leaving a bad taste
in her mouth
wen she thinks about
her young thoughts now

No comments:

Post a Comment