NYC

NYC

Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

dreams of the past, present, and future.



Sometimes I like to write poems. Even though it's not my strong suit when it comes to writing, dabbling in it here and there is always a fun challenge. When I write stories, I have trouble writing in nonfiction because it's too personal and I can't think of anything to write about. But when it comes to writing poetry, it's easier to write about my life and experiences because I don't have to go into detail about the situation, so they can be relatable to other people as well. I like to write poems about what I see during my day and what's on my mind. These four poems are all very different from the other. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I had writing them. 

Colorado Summers


The day starts off hot somewhere in the mid-80s
You see the storm clouds coming over the mountains
Won’t be long ‘till rain, lightning, and hail comes 
You know that this storm will be gone as quickly as it came
The sky looks gray with no chance of sun for a while
But before too long the sun will be out
And the birds will be flying.


Regrets in Love
Looking back to my earlier years
I laugh at my little self
with all of my “big” fears
that are now on my shelf.
Wishing I wasn’t so scared,
to show him how I felt.
But I was unprepared,
afraid of being pelt.
Seeing where my life is now,
I regret listening to my worry
not raising my brow,
instead having my mind in a flurry.
You can’t change the past
You can’t change love
What happened so fast
is now in the clouds above.


Young and Old

 I walk on my childhood street feeling like I am cooking in the sun; Arizona is more scorching then I can recall; Growing up in this place is different than visiting; The place I once called home is now a place that’s only in my dreams; Picturing it as though I am still 12, not almost 21; I think back to innocent times as a child were really only innocent in my eyes Running barefoot down the blistering streets is only a distant memory; Doing that now I would end up screaming and in pain; Sometimes I wonder what living in AZ would be like today; Pondering how my views of it would change.


Love is what.




Love is what people live for
Love is what people die for
Love is what we hope to find
Love is what we hope to keep
Love is what makes life beautiful.


Kelly.

all the photos belong to me.
dandelion photo.
rain on window photo.
rose photo.
street sign photo.
white flowers photo.


1 comment: