NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

Lost in My Thoughts

The days where I'm lost in my own thoughts, 
time seems to speed up. This has been happening
for years, where I'm creating stories in my head
that I forget what I'm supposed to be doing. You
would think as a writer, I would try to write them
down. But some stories weren't meant to have words,
they were meant to stay in my head to entertain me
while waiting for more interesting stories to come
around. They're filler stories that are more fun to
imagine than to actually figure out. They may be
based on an already existing story or be completely
made up. I have many of them swirling around at one
time and I'm capable of jumping back and forth to
add to what I have come up with. With these stories,
I don't try to crack the code. I only play around
with different combinations, knowing I'll never
figure them out. Which is good because I'm free
to imagine these stories without the pressure
of writing them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment