NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, April 9, 2018

Admiring The Season

I stop to take photographs of flowers blooming. 
The boy I watch states that he hates spring
because I take too many photos. I laugh at his statement. 
He's too young to truly comprehend the beauty
of a blooming flower. How a new season
brings new details and sights that should
be appreciated. Most of us spend the majority
of our days caught up in our heads, thinking about
the next task to check off for the day. We walk by flowers
blooming as though it happens all the time,
as though they will always be there. They will not.
They will wilt, die, and fall from their stems.
Then they will grow, bloom, and burst with
color the next season. I try to take time to stop
and take a photograph because it's important to smell
the flowers and acknowledge the transitioning seasons.
I hope the boy I watch will one day grow up to 
take time out of his day to admire
the earth and the beautiful flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment