NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

43.1632° N, 70.6188° W




I'm walking barefoot down a long stretch of beach.

It's summer, two days after the longest day of the year.

The cold I have has taken away my voice. It hurts to speak. 

I'm wearing a black and white striped dress. 

I bought it at Old Navy the week before. 

It's comfortable and flowy, it blows in the wind as I walk. 

My dark navy Keds sneakers and phone in one hand, 

Venti Green Tea Latte from Starbucks in the other. 

Headphones in my ears blast the same song on repeat.

Seagulls fly around me and land on the sand reflecting the sky. 

The air is filled with the smell of seaweed.

I let go of the stress that consumed me.

Relieved from weight of not knowing.

Free to breathe without hesistating.

I sip my drink and hum the melody, too sick to sing.


No comments:

Post a Comment