NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Change With the Waves

I love how the waves ripple the sand as it gets pulled back to sea.
The way my toes feel on the grooves of the tiny shelves formed
from the flow that always comes and goes. When the tide is low,
walking on the tiny grooves, adding my footprint in the sand,
feels like heaven to my feet. I love summer, not the heat. The
tiny moments that stay in the time capsule of memories like
old stills on film. How they are replayed in my mind like
a dream sequence of random images, a montage of a story
that feels almost unreal. I look out my window to see snow
floating down from a gray winter sky. The new year brings
new resolutions. The tides of society are changing the patterns
in people's minds. What we think, how we think, how we
act and feel about certain things. Time's up on silence.
The voices speaking up are loud and abundant, creating
conversations and bringing awareness to the innocent
and ignorant. The shadows are moving away like how
waves ripple the sand as it gets pulled back to sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment