NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

Goodbye Summer

In a few days, it will be Autumn.

Summer's weather may stick around, but the season will be done for the year.

Heat, especially in September, is too gruesome to bare.

Get me out of the heat! I'm done with the constant sun!!

Where walking a block leaves you covered in sweat with no way to cool off.

It's the restrictiveness I hate the most, feeling as though I've overheated my soul.

When your wearing as little clothes as possible but what your wearing makes it worse.

How is this possible to loathe a season you once loved?

Perspectives change and places shift your point of view.

I grew up in a desert and was used to the heat.

The last time I went back, I swore I could never go again.

It's too much heat, I need seasons. I love seasons.

It wasn't until I was twelve when I got to experience seasons.

Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring.

For a while, I hated the cold but now I anticipate it the way I used to wait for summer.  

This summer, I got to experience a few different climates.

Dry heat, some humidity, and extreme humidity.

I prefer the first two to the last one.

Though I'm sick of all of it by now.

I'm ready for Autumn with cooler weather and warm sweaters.

Melodrama was the soundtrack of my summer.

I'm sure it will continue throughout the other seasons.

Summer, you're the worst with the heat.

Please, don't stay longer than your supposed to.

Like you did last year.

Goodbye.




No comments:

Post a Comment