NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, April 3, 2017

Who We Once Were, Who I Am Now

When I realized
I was through
it took time
to let go of you
you took over my
thoughts for so many
years until it became
clear, you changed
for the worse my dear 

I want so much

to go back to
what we had 
but I can't go
back because
you're dead
you used to
fascinate me
and now I
roll my eyes

I need what you

never gave me
in the beginning
you were my
sunshine
now you're
dust blowing
in the breeze
away from me

I could never look

at you the same
you devolved into
a stranger these
last few years
becoming someone
I never thought
I'd fear

I fear you changed

your stories to the
point of utter fiction

I will remember you fondly 

you were
magic
a muse
you're someone
I used as a transition
I have since phased out of

No comments:

Post a Comment