NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

Last Halloween

October 31st, 2015

It doesn't feel
like Halloween

I look out to
a dying tree
with burgundy leaves

The crisp in the air
vanishes on this
spooky day

Scribbling down
what I see
how I feel
As Adele's Hello
adds the soundtrack
of the day

It's hauntingly
beautiful

Dreaming of kids
trick-or-treating
tonight when the
ghosts come out
to play

The coffee shop
where I'm writing
these words
is now empty
along with my
cup of chai tea

Two older woman
taking in chairs
across the room
as I sit at my table
crumbs from the
sugar cookie now gone
lay on the wood

The table in front
of me left with crumbs
from two different
woman who were there
when I sat down here
well over an hour ago

I admire my
dirty sunglasses
as I sit
thinking of all
the words I've
read and written
since I've been here

No one bothers me
nor I them

As I sit at
the table
mind wandering
back and forth
between being in
Mexico with Patti
and in my own stories
as Adele continues
to block out the
life around me

At peace within myself
in my own universe
writing and reading
my day away
with a smile
on my face as
the people around me
leave me be



No comments:

Post a Comment