NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

New York Dreams

A dream greets another dream
I've long forgotten but
comes back as a lost memory

Early sun shines on city streets
New York's just waking up as
my friend and I walk down crowded sidewalks
Excited to see what the day brings in a
city filled with souls, trying to find tea
to wake us up more than we are now

We arrive again, late night
Tired but thrilled to make new
memories in the same city that holds
sparkling moments made years before

For this city is filled with magic
no one can explain but is seen on
every street corner I stand on

There's something here that's
like no place else on earth

I awake with a smile, reflecting on
my dream within a dream I had
long forgotten about but fondly
recalled one early morning on
the last few days of the year 

No comments:

Post a Comment