NYC

NYC

Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

prophecy of the lost future


never stopping
always on
fires are blazing
while the rain comes
pouring down on a
sinful city filled with
the lost, found, and searching

gray skies on the horizon
as I look on a grassy hill

this city is doomed
what does society even mean?

we created technology
to help make our lives
a little easier
not to turn us into
lazy fucks who can't
drive their own damn car

I sigh
thinking of my own childhood
when people talked to people
and there weren't any
four year olds using iPads

we did this to ourselves
the only art created now
is making more shit
to eventually kill us all

cds are gone
records are scarce
poets are forgotten
books are spoken
no one talks
there is no more life

I walk to my car
refusing to let go
control to drive
turning it on
my ears fill with
lana del rey's untraviolence

we could go back to new york
loving you is really hard
we could go back to woodstock
where they don't know who we are
heaven is on earth
I would do anything for you babe
bless is this union
crying tears of gold
like lemonade
I love you the first time
I love you the last time
yo soy la princesca
comprende mis white lines
'cause I'm your jazz singer
and you're my cult leader
I love you forever
I love your forever

as I leave the new
world behind all
I can hear is
the beautiful voice
of a true artist
not a robot edited human

driving down the open road
not sure where it leads
or where I will end up
all I know is that
life is no longer living
dreams are useless
to the society that
did this to themselves

blue sky white clouds
long stretch of open
road ahead of me

the last of God's
creation
before we made
our own gods

what a shame.. 


6.12.2015

No comments:

Post a Comment